Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Japan.

Words cannot express how the residents of Japan and their far away loved ones must be feeling right now. I do not even pretend to comprehend how one would go about surviving, let alone loving, in a tossed around world such is theirs during this chaotic, loathsome time.

As those of us safe and relatively unaffected focus on how best to help those in need, whether now or in the future, we must also focus on how best to keep our hearts and minds strong for them. Give thanks for all the little things we usually take for granted each day. Be so thankful that we have loved ones to love, happiness to share, moments to savour. Smile always and smile freely; smiles may seem to only affect a small moment but for many it is a moment that can bring about monumental change.

I am grateful for even the tough moments in my life - compared to moments considered decent in the lives of others my tough ones look like cheerful fairy tales. My joys are large and plentiful, my heart full of love and fond memories. Thank you to everyone and everything that has had a presence, great or small, in my life.

Japan, keep breathing and counting the small moments that bring any ounce of joy. I shall forever remain in awe of your strength and gracefulness as a country and a people even in times such as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment